What an AWESOME night! I am overwhelmed with appreciation for all the people that volunteered and attended! Such an amazing group of people you are! Do you know how special you are? Do you know what amazing athletes you are? The energy at this event was unbelievable!
Some of my highlights of the night (getting the idea that I like to make lists?)
1. Lou: order 7 pies
Lou: order 10 pies
Lou: We are going to need 18 pies! And get carvel flying saucers too!
2. People from our group that I don’t know thanking me for organizing the event
3. Multiple people saying to me: “We have a good turnout”
4. People asking me if I am going to do it again next year (the answer is yes)
5. Meeting the family members of the folks that I have been running with this past year
6. Seeing all of the kids participating
7. Getting to chat with the spouses of folks I have been running with this past year
8. Kristin’s uncle asking me if he really was the oldest at the ripe age of 75. Then going on to ask me if he I agreed that he looked good for his age, which I agreed, he did!
9. My son approaching me and saying: “Mom you did a good job, I think it was a big hit!”
10. My daughter approaching me and saying: “Mom this is great”